FAIRVIEW, Texas — Four luxury bags valued at $300,000 were taken from the home of Dallas Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb last month, according to Fairview Police Department records obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Lamb was in Oxnard, California, at that time. Dallas began camp at River Ridge Playing Fields on July 27 and concluded its final practice there on Thursday.
What The Fairview Police Report Says
According to the incident report, someone entered the home between midnight and 3 a.m. on July 30. Police were informed shortly after 1:20 p.m. the next day.
The report identifies Lamb, 27, as the victim, citing offenses of residential burglary and theft of property valued at $300,000 or more.
No suspect is identified. When the records were last updated, the theft investigation was listed as active and the burglary offense was pending laboratory results.
The Spit Bucket Podcast first reported the burglary on Aug. 1.
A Pattern The FBI Has Tracked Since 2024
In November 2024, the NFL sent a security alert to team security directors and the players’ union. The memo said homes of professional athletes across multiple sports had become “increasingly targeted for burglaries by organized and skilled groups.”
The NBA sent its own alert to players. Both leagues recommended that players avoid posting their locations in real time, install security systems, and keep valuables out of sight.
An FBI Liaison Information Report revealed that athletes’ homes attract these crews due to their expectations of discovering designer handbags, jewelry, watches, and cash inside. Investigators discovered that these groups utilized publicly accessible schedules and social media to monitor when players were not at home.
The crews “conduct physical and technical surveillance in preparation for these burglaries,” an FBI bulletin said.
The Federal Case
In February 2025, federal prosecutors in Tampa charged seven Chilean nationals with conspiracy to illegally transport stolen property across state lines, a crime with a maximum penalty of 10 years. Prosecutors claimed the group had been targeting NFL and NBA players since roughly October 2024, with the stolen items valued at over $2 million according to the complaint.
Argentine federal police arrested two Chilean citizens at a Buenos Aires bus station in May 2026. Both were held for extradition proceedings requested by the United States. Argentine police said the ring had targeted Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Luka Dončić, and Mike Conley.
North Texas Athletes Targeted
Dončić was playing for the Dallas Mavericks in December 2024 when his Dallas home was broken into. Early reporting put the loss around $30,000 in jewelry. A police report later obtained by news outlets listed roughly $23,000. Dončić’s business manager said nobody was home.
Tyler Seguin had his home broken into the same year while he was playing a Dallas Stars home game.
Linval Joseph was on the Cowboys roster in 2024 when his Minnesota home was burglarized that November, in the same stretch as the Mahomes and Kelce break-ins.
Joe Burrow‘s home was burglarized on Dec. 9, 2024. The Cincinnati quarterback was in Arlington that night, playing the Cowboys.
Dak Prescott told ESPN in January 2025 that anyone can look up what a player makes and where he lives.
“You weigh the good with the bad,” Prescott said.




